The Australian Animal Welfare Strategy Program (AAWS Program) is an initiative involving a range of Australian organisations (AAWS Participants) seeking to collaboratively deliver sustainable improvements in animal welfare.
LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER
The AAWS Website is provided by the AAWS Participants for the purpose of disseminating general information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
The AAWS Website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and users should in all circumstances obtain appropriate professional advice specific to their circumstances before taking any course of action.
You must exercise your own independent judgment, skill, care and due diligence with respect to your use of this website and carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness, suitability and relevance of the AAWS Website and all related information and material for your purposes. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any use you make of the AAWS Website and any related information and material and that, to the extent permitted by law, the AAWS Participants:
- make the AAWS Website and any related information and material "as is" and without any representation or warranty of any kind (without limitation including any representation or warranty relating to accuracy, reliability, currency, completeness or other characteristics of the AAWS Website and any related information and material, the suitability or fitness of the AAWS Website and any related information and material for any purpose, that the AAWS Website is secure or your access to and use of it will not expose you to risks or be uninterrupted or error free)
- have no legal liability to you of any kind whatsoever arising from or in connection with the AAWS Website and any related information and material, no matter how arising (including whether or not caused by any negligence on the part of the AAWS Participants).
The AAWS Website may include information or material, which does not necessarily reflect the views of the AAWS Participants (either individually or collectively).
External links on this site
Although the AAWS Website endeavours to review material for suitability before linking to it on other websites, it has no direct control over the content or the changes that may occur on these linked websites. It is your responsibility as a user to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to other websites do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the AAWS Participants of any material on those websites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those websites. You are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website you visit as a user of links provided by the AAWS Website.
Links to this site
Unless otherwise indicated (including by technological protection measures), you may link to the AAWS Website provided you do not frame, reformat or alter files, pages, images, information and materials from this website on any other website, and the link does not misrepresent the linked material and is not misleading or deceptive in any way.
Unless otherwise specified:
- information and material on the AAWS Website is copyright. Other intellectual property rights, for example trademarks, patents, designs may also be involved.
- you may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation, unless indicated otherwise. All other rights to this material are reserved by the rights holder.
You must not remove, obscure, or alter any copyright notice or trademark on any content you access and use. You also must not use the AAWS Website Content in a way that implies endorsement by either the AAWS Participants or any person included in the materials.
The AAWS Website receives information including name, address, email, and contact details through registration for the AAWS E-Newsletter.
The AAWS Website also receives information from browsers when you visit the website, such as your server address, domain name, browser used, date and time of your visit, the pages visited, and selected information for statistical purposes.
The personal information collected by the AAWS Website may be used by the AAWS Participants for the purposes of the AAWS Program. By submitting your personal information to the AAWS Website, you consent to AAWS Participants using this information for the purposes of the AAWS Program.
AAWS Participants will only use your personal information for the purposes of the AAWS Program or in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. AAWS Participants will not disclose your personal information to a third party except in the following circumstances, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, where:
- you have consented to use of the information for another purpose;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that use of the information for another purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person;
- use of the information for that other purpose is required or authorised by or under law;
- use of the information for that other purpose is reasonably necessary for enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue; or
- the purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was obtained.
If requested, AAWS Participants will give you access to your personal information upon your written request and verification of your identity.
The AAWS Website uses various security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, as a user, you should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user's transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties, or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
The AAWS Participants do not warrant or represent that the material will not cause damage, or is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors. The AAWS Participants do not accept any liability for any interference with or damage to any person's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. As a user, you are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage another person's or your computer system, software or data.
Website services are provided to registered members on the following terms:
By using or registering to access the AAWS website, you agree to be bound by the terms outlined below and any additional terms outlined within the specific service you access. If you do not agree with any of the terms, as updated or amended, you must not use the service.
The AAWS Participants may update, amend or otherwise change these terms without providing notice or seeking agreement from registered members or others. Please check this page regularly so you are aware of any updates to the terms.
Any personally identifying or contact details required for registering AAWS members will only be used in accordance with the AAWS Website Privacy Notice.
Contribution to AAWS Website content
You are responsible for all content you contribute to the AAWS Website, including text, photos, videos, audio and links (Your Content).
By contributing Your Content to the AAWS website, you grant all AAWS Participants an individual perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide, non-exclusive licence (including the right of sub-licence) to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, perform, distribute, communicate and exploit Your Content. You retain copyright and any other rights you hold in Your Content and can continue to share and commercialise Your Content as you wish.
- you own or have all necessary rights to grant the above licence and to provide and use all material included in Your Content (including music, photos, quotes and excerpts of audio or video) for all relevant purposes
- that you have permission of anyone appearing or performing in Your Content
- that you are not infringing any person's rights by submitting the content to the AAWS Website
- Your Content and its contribution is in strict compliance with all relevant laws and that its publication and use by the AAWS Participants will not give rise to any liability on their part.
You also confirm you have, where appropriate, sought the consent of the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18 who is identifiable in Your Content.
You agree to grant or, where necessary, obtain the permission to grant an enforceable, irrevocable, perpetual and unconditional written consent in favour of AAWS Participants and any subsequent owner or licensee of the works, to do, or allow the doing of, any act or omission which, but for the consent, may infringe any moral right within the meaning of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
While AAWS Participants do not wish to stifle lawful and respectful debate and the sharing of opinions, you must not post or upload content (including links and comments) to the AAWS Website that is unlawful, defamatory, discriminatory, offensive, or that interferes with privacy or infringes copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any person.
You understand and agree that AAWS Participants have editorial control over all AAWS Website content, including Your Content. AAWS Participants may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to publish Your Content for any reason including, without limitation, if Your Content is considered to be:
- potentially defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
- false or misleading;
- potentially infringing intellectual property rights, including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious;
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- promote or endorse products or services
- engaging in commercial activity of any kind (without limitation including use to increase traffic to another website);
- seeking to directly solicit donations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member
- poses a potential security risk or other risk.
You also agree to comply with the AAWS Working Group Code of Conduct.
You agree to indemnify and hold each AAWS Participant harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims, costs or expenses made against or incurred by the relevant AAWS Participant or any third party due to or arising out of or in connection your use of or access to the AAWS Website.
Suspension & Termination
AAWS Participants may refuse access to the AAWS Website, or suspend its operation in whole or in part either for you as a specific AAWS Website User or generally, at any time for any reason we think fit.